Sunday, August 21, 2011

Celebrating A Birthday

"There is a fountain of youth---it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you will learn to tap this source, you will have truly defeated age."
  Sophia Loren

Well, here we are, another year has come and gone and it's my birthday. I don't have anything special planned and I really don't mind because I'm just as happy staying here at home, having a relaxing day with my husband and kids. I think that's special any day!
The photo above is me and I believe, just shy of my first birthday in 1961. It's always been one of my favorites and was taken at my grandparents' house. So many memories there and I miss them both dearly, but that's what our lives are. Memories. Ones that we can laugh about, ones that make us smile or shed a tear or two, but that's what makes them special to share.
Thanks for letting me share my day with you, and I hope the rest of your day is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment