Monday, August 8, 2011

Too Hot!

This was definitely one of those, too-hot-to-do-anything weekends, and I pretty much did.........nothing.
Like much of the country this summer it's just been so blasted hot, and with the humidity so high here in the south, the heat index has been anywhere from 100 to 115 degrees. I call this "ugly weather", because that's the best way to describe it, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the cooler days of autumn!
I did manage to get a few pictures of one of the many hummingbirds we have buzzing around this summer.
It looks like I took this at night but it was actually around 7am and even with the flash it still came out dark. But, this is one of our little female Ruby-Throated hummingbirds. I couldn't tell you how many we have but I can say it's a bunch! They all race around the back yard, through the trees and around the patio, chattering at one another and it always makes me laugh.

I've tried having more than one feeder out for them because they're always chasing each other away from it, but it didn't make any difference so I've just kept the one out for them. It's definitely busy around the feeder all day and so much fun having them around.
Well, time to get caught up on what I didn't do this weekend and then head off to the grocery store. Hope you're all having a good start to your week and keeping cool in all this heat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment